Saturday, September 6, 2008

Domestic Housewives

So today my sister and I decided that we really wanted to can salsa and make freezer corn! So we have done the freezer corn on our own before however we haven't ever done the salsa without help before and neither of us realized it until we had started this big project of ours.



So we called our mom and dad begging them to drive the hour drive to Logan to help us make this salsa without ruining it! So mom and dad to the rescue we were able to do it! We had so much fun though! We laughed together (especially when we realized we didn't really know what we were doing) and we cried together (especially when we had to cut all nine large onions)! It was a blast!


Earlier that day Emily and I went to the farmers market and bought aprons! We think we are so cool because we have matching aprons, so when mom got there, we made her put one on too so that way she was part of the crowd! This turned out to be such a fun day!








4 comments:

Angie said...

It's about time you posted something....I miss those fun times of canning and tasting those yummy things you canned. What would it be like if we didn't have mom or dad to call? I'm glad you two had a great time. I didn't see your dad in any of those pictures...how come?

Happy Birthday Morgan....just wanted to get that in as well.
Have a fun day. How old are you?

Love you,
Aunt Angie, Uncle Sterling & Lyndsey

Anonymous said...

yea! you are so domestic! too bad that my cute apron hangs in the pantry. i actually bought a little hook to hang it on...why, i don't know. it deserves a space, i guess. now when people come over, they open the pantry and think--oh, she cooks!

Anonymous said...

p.s.

happy birthday to you! i didn't know it was your bday last week..but happy belated one!

Amber said...

Ugh - I missed your birthday! Ok, so I didn't realize it was your birthday - so Happy Birthday a little late :)

I love your aprons - very cute. I really wanted to freeze corn this year, but I've been way too busy. Guess I'm gonna have to keep buying the canned stuff.

So...got your invitation to the purse party and I'm completely bummed 'cause I had to trade shifts and now I'm working that night. I really wanted to come :(

Play list


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones